- Pennsylvania has 541 megawatts (MW) of installed solar power, enough to power 65,536 homes.
- The solar industry has led to an increase in jobs across the U.S. Since 2010, jobs in the solar industry have grown by 168 percent, increasing from 93,000 to more than 250,000 jobs in 2017.
- Pennsylvania’s solar industry has seen an increase in jobs since 2017. Between 2017 and 2019, solar energy jobs have increased 8.3 percent – from 4,777 to 5,173 jobs.
- Pennsylvania’s solar workforce makes up the greatest portion of the clean energy generation workforce – 35.4 percent of the clean energy generation workforce, which is equivalent to 5,173 solar energy jobs.
- Providing more solar energy generation provides an opportunity to reduce GHG emissions from the electricity sector, which makes up 29 percent of U.S. GHG emissions, Pennsylvania ranking fourth in the nation’s highest energy-sector GHG emissions.
- By increasing clean energy generation from solar power, Pennsylvanians could reduce air and water pollution, which has been linked to health problems such as breathing issues and premature death.