- Wind energy is a significant source of job creation in Pennsylvania. Between 2017 and 2019, wind energy jobs increase by 9.7 percent, which is equivalent to 259 workers and totaling 2,937 wind energy. In 2019, the wind energy sector in Pennsylvania made up 2.6 percent of all wind energy jobs in the United States.
- Pennsylvania is a manufacturing leader for the wind energy industry, with 32 manufacturing facilities producing components for the wind industry and providing high quality jobs for Pennsylvanians.
- Direct wind industry jobs in 2019: 2,001 to 3,000
- Capital investment in wind projects through 2019: $3.1 billion
- Annual state and local tax payments by wind projects: $2 million
- Annual land lease payments: $10.7 million